Monday, June 9, 2008

Stuck in a Truck!


Yes, I was stuck in a truck. It's not what you think though. After 2 hours of driving we arrive at camping destination and its raining! So my wonderful husband does what he can, in the down pour, to get the trailer set up. It is taking a long time, due in part to the fact he has decided to get a beer with another family. Leaving me in the truck with 3 boys, who are very antsy. They were flicking eachother, poking, and taunting. Of course I asked, in my nice voice, "please settle down, and be quiet." I asked that at least 3 times, but to no avail. They just kept on being crazy. I really was trying to just sit there and just be patient. I was saying to myself, "you can do this , it's not much longer. Please God make this rain go away for 10minutes so we can get set up. Then the boys can run free,like wild animals." Nope.... its now 20 minutes, and I am starting to feel very tight in my neck, and kinda vibrating. I have already raised my voice, flicked a kid, and I am ready to blow. The kids think I am mean, but I know better, I am on the verge of a breakdown and it isnt going to be pretty! The rain did start to subside, and I flew open the truck door and ran out. "Boys you can stay in here if you want but I am out of here!" They looked at me with bewildered faces, and got out. I didnt see them for a while and that was alright with me, and I later told Mike, "that could have been the worst 30 minutes of my life, really..." Of course you get over these things, the trailer was all set up and supper started, glass of wine in tow. The weekend actually was pretty good despite the crappy rain, that is the wonder of boys, even though the weather was not good they still go outside!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOL Edie! Sorry about the rain, but your story was kinda cute. You have way more patience then I do. I usually have to warn my kids, I am close to blowing! So watch it! LOL

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that it was you and not me - I was smart and only had one kid!!! Ha ha ha. (You think I am laughing becasue I thin I am funny but really I am laughing at you). Love how you bounce back after disaster - it is one of your gifts and talents!!!!