Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Foster Child...


Today my foster child, who I have had for over 7 years, sent me a letter today. Him and his family wrote to me and told me they loved me. They said that they were so excited to receive the little gifts and pictures I sent them at Xmas. They were so grateful for key chains, books, and crayons. I actually cried when I read their letter because we take for granted all the things we have , which make our life easier. This family, who lives in Brazil, doesn't even have a toilet. I will continue to be a Foster Parent, because I do believe I am making a difference ,in this families life.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ohh Edie:

What a valueable life lesson for your kids to read these letters as well. We would like to sponsor a foster child too. Can you send me the link? Perhaps we can connect with someone else in his family?

Day by Day..Homeschool Life & more! said...

I think its just foster plan canada. I dont know how they work the sponsorship but i am thinking they probably share "us" with other families..Not sure... Its a great thing Stef and its 40.00 amonth .. its a pizza really.... Do iT!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Edie for taking the time to do the extra's and not just send the money (that is waht I would do). Thanks for being you.