Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Romance...?


Where the heck has the romance gone? Because I sure have not seen it in ages. I don't mean flowers and chocolate romance, although flowers are nice, especially when they are given to you on a Monday, just because it's Monday. I mean the little things, like a kiss here and there. Or a slight brush of his hand on my back, while doing the dishes. I am seeking words, kind words, like "you look cute today". Or even an "I love you" ,in the middle of the day, not just before bed. It would be shocking to have a night planned by him,and not by me,and not "Hey here is some wine, lets get it on!" I mean a night that may have taken some effort to plan. Geesh I have dresses , sexy dresses, that I have never worn, because you can't exactly wear them to wine nights, in your own home. Or maybe I should.


I know that after 17 years, things fade, but I don't think wanting to be noticed ever fades. I wish men could remember that, well mine anyway. I guess I will have to reach into my memory bank, and treasure the few things, he has done for me, which made me go "ga ga", it's all I have....

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I gotch ya completely Edie. I understand. In all honesty, when we do something romantic, it is because I planned it myself! lol He wouldn't think of stuff like that. Men are different. Weird creatures! lol

I get the wine and most attention right before bed as well. SO why is that!? I call him on it though!

Or he says I look nice when I look horrible, or nothing when I took the time to look my best. I don't understand either. We have our days too.

The Long Road said...

Oh Ede...I'll show you romance in just a few days. A nice walk, a quiet night by the fire (okay maybe no fire), chips in bed...I'll even tell you how hot you look, just you wait and see.

Only kidding, I know you've felt this for a long time, it sucks, just plain and simple sucks. I don't think they often get us when we just want to be heard, or when we need only the smallest things to get us through the day. Not a fake back rub that turns into a crotch rub (we've all been THERE). Just a quick call at the end of the day to say, hey don't worry about dinner. Or walk in at the end of the day, take your hand tell the kids they are on their own for dinner, and the two of you hit the road.

God it could be the simplest plans that would fill us up, but they think it has to be all out or nothing. There's no in between. Sigh, what can you do?

Day by Day..Homeschool Life & more! said...

Oh carrie you made me laugh.. Thank goodness for friends, we would be so lonely without them. you are exactly right with what you have said.. Men need to do the simple things, that is all we want...

Stephanie said...

Watch it! I just might try and steal Carrie from you Edie! LOL

She sounds so romantic! haha!

Enjoy your trip ladies! I admire your friendship and fun times!