Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Tears...


Today was a day I had lots of tears. Tears can mean many things. Today they meant fear, sadness, and joy. Justin is off to explore 5 countries ,in Europe , and when I dropped him off at the airport, I did what I told myself I wouldn't do--CRY. Justin hates to see me cry, he has always said that to me. So as I held him in my arms, or I should say he held me, after all he is a grown man, I cried. Not just a little tear, but full out crying, you know the kind, where your body shakes and your eyes are stinging and red. I cried because I will miss him, I cried because I will worry about him , so far away in a strange place, and I cried because I was so happy for him. I guess no matter how old they get, you still worry and have fears that something will go wrong. As I drove home, I thought about how lucky he is too. One of the things I wanted to do was go to Eurpoe and back pack, when I was out of high school. That never happened, because I had Justin that year. I am happy one of us gets to live that dream. I will miss him and pray he is safe and that he has the time of his life... Lucky kid..(man) .... love you...

3 comments:

The Long Road said...

Well said. That is lovely. It is hard to feel all of those things rolled together. Letting your child get on a plane and leave the saftey of being close family and familiar things, is hard, rips your heart out, but knowing what kind of opportunity this is for him is so exciting all the same. The days will be a little rough at first I am sure, but when he arrives back home, you'll have a whole new person to share all of this with.

Day by Day..Homeschool Life & more! said...

Iknow,,, its all good..

Stephanie said...

Aww, you poor dear! That would be so hard. What a wonderful opportunity for him though Edie. But you know that. It is just so hard to see our baby grow up and leave the nest for bit.

You will always be his Mom and you have done such a wonderful job raising him. He has the tools he needs to live a wonderful life.

(hugs!)

ps. I will need this same pep talk in a few years, so just C&P it, for later, will ya?