Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Farmers Market... starting next week.,., Oh the memories





Oh Ya Beanies!!! Driving by the Arena today I realized that the Farmers Market starts next weekend. Which brought me back to some of the best memories and times I had on a Saturday. Selling Ty beanies with my Best Friend. Every Saturday morning we would get up at 5ish, meet at the arena set up, have a bacon and egger , then sell!! When we started this venture, a few , ok more than a few, people laughed at us. Well we showed them, it was probably the most money I have ever made in 4 hours. The best part , it was easy, and fun.. Sitting there with your best friend, getting caught up, and laughing our buts off.. maybe we even made fun of people walking back.., maybe... I remember feeling guilty taking the kids money. Some would come running over, with their zip lock baggy filled with change. They would smile and say, " I saved for 2 weeks so I can buy a beanie baby." Then Carrie and I would feel the guilt, reluctantly take the money, and say thank you... But for some reason when the morning ended, and we counted our earnings, that guilt faded ,,LOL.. We would smile, high five eachother and giggle. Ah it was fun!! I really miss those Saturdays but at least I have those memories. Yuu know I have started many little ventures since the TY days, but none have been nearly as fun, lucrative, or easy. It takes guts to take a chance .... "you miss 100% of the shots you never take" , Wayne Gretzky. I just love what he said because it's so true!! I am so glad we had our little business BEANIE FRIENDZIE, for 4 years!!!!!

2 comments:

MotherhoodByters said...

Hahahahaha. God, who would have thought that getting up at 5am, sitting in the freezing cold or scorching sun would have been so much fun. I must say, I miss those Satrudays as well.
Ah, the smell of money and bacon co-mingling, could there be anything better. I think not!!

Day by Day..Homeschool Life & more! said...

LOL... I know who knew... ede