Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Note a Beautiful Thing!


Without going into every detail, I had the best thing happen to me, yesterday. My eldest son, 21, just got home from a trip to Europe, for 5 weeks, long enough for him to have an epiphany ( so he called it). While away he wrote a letter, and gave it to me and his dad, the other night, but I was not allowed to read it until he left the house. He knew I would cry, and I did. The note was everything I ever hoped for, that my child would see that all his dad and I did during his life, was really for him. To grow up and be a caring, loving, resposible man. In his letter, he thanked us for being wonderful parents, not without our faults of course, but for being great parents. It seems, that all those rules, were not so bad after all. He thanked us for things such as, folded fresh laundry, suppers on the tables, rides at 5:oo am, for letting him make mistakes, and for giving him some freedom. He said he is the person he is today, because of all we did for him and allthe love we gave. There was much more, but you get the idea. I must admit it feels REALLY good to know , maybe I did something right as a MOM... now I only hope the other 3 feel the same......

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

ohhhhh Edie! ( I am a crying mess!)lol. That is the sweetest thing a mother could ever receive What we all strive for. Thanks for the reminder, to keep going and do my best with my own. I admire your parenting skills, your love and your devotion. You ARE a beautiful person. I hope that letter helped you realize how special you truly are.

hugs!