Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This is our resident spider ORBY

This is ORBY... He is a Jewel Spider ,,,We had a bit of infestation of these last year and this year we had quite a few too. When we would see one we would kill them.... But for some reason I couldnt kill this one. He has been on our deck for about 1 month. He is actually kind of pretty an orange rusty color. The others are more whitish in color. Makes me think he is a male. Anyway we have watched him eat flies etc. He would come out at night, hide in the day. Yesterday I went to check on him, (I know wierd.) And his web was broken and I couldnt find him.. But just a few minutes ago I found him tucked under the lip of the roof. I am wondering why his web is broken and if he is done with his circle of life....... I will keep watching...

No comments: