Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ever Wonder


Why some people make such a difference in other people's lives?


Today I was watching Good Morning America and there was an 12 year old boy, who was amazing. He really loved trains and saved pop can money so his whole class could have a ride on an old train. He raised more money on his own and more children were able to take this special train ride, that otherwise they could not afford. However, children with disabilities were not able to take the train ride, because it was built in the early days, and was not equipped for wheel chairs ,etc,,, So he was on a mission to raise money ,through his web page , to change that. His Mom was so touched, that she began to write to Ty (the extreme make over team) and now they are going to make the train accessible for people with disabilities. There was a Mom with twin boys, who both are in wheel chairs, and

she expressed how touched she was by this 12 year old boys efforts.


I watched this and shed a few tears, of joy and admiration.. and I was left wondering why is it that some people are so great, and why like me, I have done nothing of the sort........ I suppose it just takes action, like this boy.. Really made me think today what more can I do for others?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

how sweet! I love those stories too.