Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Had to post about exercising

Fitness has been a great part of my life..from childhood until now. I have always ran, or been at gym. Its just something I need to do. Partly because I need to relieve stress , and because I do like food. Not always good food so I need a balance. One would not call me tiny, but at my age I am just glad thatI still can fit into the same size for the last 15 years. I finally have realized that I am happy where I am at... but that is not to say I dont like a challenge. I try to set a goal every year. This year I will do another Triathalon, with my twin sister Dar.. I also have ran many half marathons , and one full.. Last year my hips just couldnt take the distances any more, so I have given up the long road races and run shorter distances now. Mike, was getting sick of me always in pain, and I dont want to be 50 and lame. So now its 10 K and sprint triathalons... A few weeks ago i went toa Phat camp, run by Jen Hendershot, a fitness competitor for 10 years. It was great to work out all weekend and challenge myself some more.. but the best thing was realizing that I actually an in good shape!! LOL... well for almost 39!! I hope I alway exercise ..like my dad who is 70, and has the body of a 40 year old.. he is amazing!!! Thanks Dad for being a good inspiration to me!!!!!

No comments: