Friday, May 16, 2008

Will I be a Gardener


Today on my walk, once again enjoying the sunshine on my cheeks, I passed a little old lady in her tiny garden. She was prepping the soil for the vegetables she was going to plant. She was a stout older lady,who looked like she was probably pretty tough in her day. Her husband was sitting in a chair, just watching. I guess he must be too ill to help. I stopped and just watched her dig up the dirt and walk back and forth to get the things she needed. Then I thought will that be me someday? Will I live in an adult community, gated, and have a little 10 by 10 plot to grow my own vegetables? Will a little plot of land, be the thing that keeps me getting up in the morning? Will the work that I do yeild the crop I want? Who knows, but somehow I can see that happening... I will always need something to do and something to be proud of..maybe it will be a little garden.. who knows?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love gardening too. So we can get old together and talk about our plants, OK!? lol